Duterte offers China 3rd telco carrier slot

[ventuno id='MCsxMDM4NjIxfHwyMzY4fHwxMDg2fHwxLDIsMQ=='][/ventuno]   "The telecom duopoly is about to end," Malacaang declared on Monday. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque announced that President Rodrigo Duterte had offered China the "privilege" of operating the third telco player in the country to "break up" the industry duopoly of PLDT and Globe Telecom. Roque said Mr. Duterte made the offer during his meeting with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in Malacaang last week. He also said that former Information and Communication Secretary Rodolfo Salalima, who resigned in September after complaining of "corruption and interference," might "have prevented the earlier break...

Keep on reading: Duterte offers China 3rd telco carrier slot