Eighty female students of Government Girls Secondary School, GGSS, Mabera, in Sokoto metropolis, escaped death on Sunday night, when fire completely razed their hostel.
It was gathered that the inferno destroyed the four-room A’isha Hostel and valuables, but no student was hurt.
It took the combined efforts of officials of State Fire Service and other security personnel to put off the fire suspected to have originated from electrical sparks.
The school authorities declined to speak on the incident, saying they have no authority to entertain media enquiry.
No govt statement
Efforts to speak to officials of the state Ministry of Education and state Fire Service were unsuccessful as they failed to pick phone calls and did not reply text messages.
Recall that in December 2017 a student hostel was also burnt down at the Government Science Secondary School, Kware, in the state.
The post 80 students escape death as fire razes Sokoto Govt Sec School hostel appeared first on Vanguard News.